When it comes to building and supporting your team, there are a number of steps you can take to lead success-driven people towards achieving their goals. Make sure you have a defined team structure and strategy and go over these five key points to ensure your team’s capacity to deliver is being appropriately utilized.
What kind of team do you need?
- Do you need a production partner?
- Who processes your loans?
- What tasks are you looking to hand off?
- Are you ready to hire?
- Do you have training for them?
Organize the team you have
- Who is your second in charge?
- Does the whole team understand and adhere to the hierarchy?
- Have you discussed career goals with each teammate?
- Has being “able” trapped someone?
- Are you sharing an LOA with someone else? Is that working?
- Do you need an assistant versus an LOA?
Understand the File Flow
- Lead Intake
- Follow up
Operations versus Support Staff – Team Structure and Strategy
- Hire for the job you want someone to do.
- Do not turn your processor into your assistant.
- Find an assistant or business development person for growth or support of YOU.
Tools for Success
- Clear expectations set for role and good introduction to the team.
- Good training. Good benefits. Good leadership. Good attitude. Feel part of the success.
- Gratitude. Attitude. Time off. Overtime expectations. Financial.
- Phone Skills
- It’s important to remember that you are one part of a machine that includes all members of your team. Be sure to reward them in the best possible ways, including with team structure and strategy.
If you are looking to hire talent, there are a number of portals where you can post a listing in addition to your own website.