Instagram is a social media giant with a rapidly expanding home buyer demographic. If you are a loan originator or real estate agent and are not using Instagram for mortgage marketing, you are likely missing out on a substantial amount of business. Here are some tips for optimizing your profile and making the most of what Instagram has to offer your business.
Set Up Your Profile – Start by using your professional headshot as a profile picture. Consistency is key, so sticking with the photo you use for the rest of your branding is ideal. Also, be sure your account name matches your other business profile names on social media. Use your bio to describe the nature of your professional duties and include any brand slogans or other pertinent brand info.
Find Your Target Audience – Once your profile is optimized, you can start finding your target audience. A great way to do this is including well-thought-out hashtags in the captions of the images you post. Put yourself in your customers’ shoes and use hashtags they might be searching. Additionally, use the discover tool to search for relevant hashtags and follow other accounts that are helpful to your business.
Keep Your Content Steady and Focused – It’s important keep a constant stream of mortgage marketing content that is fresh and relevant. Try to post several times a week to keep your followers engaged. Reflect back on your goals in having an Instagram account. As you post, remember you are “telling your story” from a business perspective. Sharing accomplishments, upcoming events and listings is a fantastic way to do this. For more Instagram content ideas that are relevant to mortgage and real estate, click here.
Use Instagram Ads – If you want to ensure your Instagram posts are being viewed by a large number of people, consider Instagram ads. Paying to promote your content is inexpensive and simple to set up with Instagram. Setting specific criteria that matches your customers’ needs is a great way to be sure you’re getting in front of potential buyers. Using Instagram as a platform for real estate or mortgage marketing is an excellent way to build business. By optimizing your profile and target audience and being sure to post relevant content on a consistent basis, you will be on your way to success!
For more Instagram tips, click here.
The internet has become the first resource for potential home buyers, creating the perfect situation for mortgage and real estate professionals to market digitally. Created to provide a common digital space to share photographs, Instagram is an excellent platform for mortgage and real estate professionals to generate leads, sales and referrals. Here are some Instagram marketing content tips for boosting real estate and mortgage marketing efforts and driving sales:
- Promote home listings – Instagram was created for the purpose of sharing beautiful photographs. Use this platform to your advantage by sharing home listings to your followers. Highlight some of the eye-catching features of the home and use Instagram’s video-sharing feature to offer video tours of rooms.
- Serve up educational videos – Create short videos about loan programs, homebuying basics and other mortgage and real estate topics. Share those on Instagram so your followers can learn from them.
- Pass along home design trends – Share photos of trendy home designs and ask your followers to offer feedback. By asking a question, you will spark conversation and create engagement on the post.
- Show off your brand – Showcase yourself in a way that is consistent with your branding. Share photos and videos of team meetings, open houses, teambuilding activities and more.
- Promote open-house videos – These can be done using Instagram’s “live” feature in stories, or by posting a video. Take a video of a bustling open house to entice followers to come see the listing.
- Showcase neighborhood videos – Take a video of neighborhoods in your area and point out their unique qualities. Promote schools, restaurants, attractions and shopping.
When using Instagram marketing for business, it is important to remember consistency is key. Post at times when people are watching and do it consistently. Additionally, remember to use clear photos and hashtags and add locations to your posts.
Are you taking advantage of Instagram to kick your mortgage marketing and real estate marketing efforts into overdrive? With over 1 billion active monthly users, Instagram is one of the world’s fastest-growing social media platforms. It’s also a tremendous tool for the mortgage and real estate industry, where Instagram can be used in a number of ways to generate leads, sales, and referrals. With an easy-to-use, aesthetically pleasant layout, Instagram is the perfect social media platform for real estate agents to share home listings and features as well as mortgage planners to share home closings and other mortgage marketing photos and videos. Follow the steps below to create a top-notch Instagram account for growing your mortgage or real estate business!
- Make sure you are using Instagram’s business profile feature. If you already have an Instagram account, you can easily switch it to a business profile and maintain all your existing data. If you are setting up an account for the first time, make sure to select the business account-type upon creation.
- It’s important to optimize your Instagram account by making your public profile clean and professional. In the “bio” space, include your contact information and a short description of how you can help homebuyers find and purchase their dream home. Make sure your profile photo is both friendly and career-oriented. If you are reworking your existing profile, you will want to delete any past photos or videos that do not represent your current branding.
- Use mortgage marketing to help you stand out! There are many different ways to make your Instagram profile stand out from other profiles in the mortgage and real estate industries. Instagram business accounts allow access to your followers’ demographic data so you can see when they are most active and plan posts accordingly. Be bold. The age-old concept of bright colors still applies; use photo filters to capture audience attention and make viewers pause mid-scroll for your post.
- Hashtags, geotags and profile tags will help your business profile be discovered because you can tag businesses, locations and partners’ profiles in your posts. Relevant hashtags will be searched by your potential clientele.
- Another great way to gain followers, including business partners and potential clients, is following others on Instagram. Check out local community influencers and residents and find local business owners to add to your account.
Instagram is a terrific yet simple platform for generating great mortgage marketing results for any business! Creating an Instagram business profile to ramp up your real estate and mortgage marketing efforts is sure to help you win leads. To view more Instagram tips for real estate, click here.