Instagram is the world’s fastest-growing social media platform. With over a billion people using the platform each month and an average time spent on the app hovering around 30 minutes a day, having a presence on this social media is imperative to boost your mortgage marketing efforts. If you are not convinced yet, however, below are more reasons to consider investing your time in it.
Connect with Realtors and expand your referral business
Find and connect with Realtors doing business in your area and demonstrate your value with great content and resources.
Reach today’s homebuyer demographic
68% of today’s homebuyers are under the age of 39 and 59% of 18-29 year-olds use Instagram.
Instagram’s features offer plenty of creative marketing options
With all the features available today, mortgage planners have the opportunity to showcase every aspect of their business creatively.
Now that we have your attention, let’s go through some of Instagram’s features that can make your mortgage marketing stand out and some creative examples you can follow.
Instagram Stories are images or videos that can be viewed for 24 hours after you post them.
- Walk them through your life: Let customers know what is happening in your world both professionally and personally. People are more likely to do business with someone when they feel connected to them.
- Share about your area and market: Talking about current events in the market or sharing stories of your successes (or failures) creates trust and value.
- Go through a real process: Put your co-workers and your customers in the video. Snippets of you and a buyer going through homes and exchanging real-time feedback will open the door for those who are intimidated by the process to see how easy it can be.
Instagram TV videos can be up to an hour long and they do not disappear unless you delete them. They’re displayed at the top of your Instagram profile, so they’re great for sharing longer, more informational content.
- What makes you the best lender: Explain your services and what sets you apart.
- How-tos and tips: How-to’s on filling out mortgage documents, tips to increase your credit score and save for a down payment.
- Interviews: Interview industry professionals and post the video on IGTV.
Reels is a new feature where users can make 15 second long videos (similar to TikTok).
- Updates: Quick market updates for buyers.
- Checklists: Checklists for homebuying and selling.
- Neighborhood highlights: Restaurants, parks, schools, stores.
- Loan programs
- Neighborhood info
- Credit tips
- Happy homebuyers
- Saving tips
In addition to all the cool features and tools available, make sure to follow these tips to achieve mortgage marketing success on Instagram.
Have a Business Instagram Account
Business accounts allow you to put a description of your company, your company website, phone number, email and other important information as well as give you access to analytics of views and engagement.
Tagging and Linking
Tag your business partners and companies that you love! Engaging with other industry professionals will prompt them to do the same.
Hashtags categorize your content and allow other to find it. Use hashtags specific to your area such as #AtlantaMortgage or #LAMortgageLender to promote local engagement.
As with any other social media platform, posting regularly is key to keeping followers coming back for more content.
Engage with and Respond to Others
Like, share and comment on content from other mortgage professionals as well as respond to comments and engagement on your own content.