The world of marketing has markedly changed over the last decade, including the use of Facebook for mortgage and other social networking sites. One very effective way to reach your target market is Facebook. With close to 2.5 billion active users across the globe, Facebook has wide-reaching penetration and undeniable impact on customer behavior. The average daily time spent on the platform is 35 minutes. In addition, 74% of users have reported visiting the site daily.
If that wasn’t enough to convince you of the power of social media, here are a few more benefits of using Facebook for mortgage:
- Brand awareness and influence
- Audience reach and engagement
- Support of business goals and objectives
- Insights and Analytics
- Customer service
- Information resource
- Drive traffic to website
Younger homebuyers, for one, are more likely to search for homes on their smartphones and via mobile apps than older generations. Creating an intimate digital relationship with those around you will help you build your business and encourage others to share. While your business page and personal profile are separate entities, your posts and attitude are every bit as important as your business page. A great tip for making the most of using Facebook for mortgage is to utilize groups and lists to segment your audience.
Your business page, on the other hand, is the professional space where you will curate successful stories of closings and share the culture of your office as well as your real estate partners’ listings. Make sure your page is complete with profile and cover photos, mission statement, website link, bio, company overview, products, categories and your company’s story.
There are several ways to increase your social media presence and strengthen brand awareness. Follow these simple steps to build your brand using Facebook for mortgage:
- Devise a strategy.
- Check statuses for spelling and grammar.
- Share blog links and hyperlink to business partners or customers.
- Ask your friends to be your fans of your business page.
- Befriend everyone in your sphere.
- Post about your closing with pictures of your happy customers.
- Post videos about why you love your industry.
- Publish original content.
If you are unsure about what kind of content to share on your business page, check out these post ideas:
- Selling: Do you have tips to make selling a home better, quicker or easier?
- Buying: Do you know how to buy a home for a lower price? Or have tips on choosing a Realtor?
- Videos From Around Town: You can conduct tours of various districts or neighborhoods.
- Images of Awesome Houses
- Reviews of Local Businesses: partner with local businesses and promote each other with honest reviews.
- Real Estate Stories: Did something happen nationally or locally in real estate?
- Cute Photos: Cute home projects are a great thing to share.
- Holiday Posts: Don’t forget the holidays!
The recipe for success is to capitalize on every event and create opportunities out of it. Are you paying money to sponsor events and teams? Make sure that you check in when you are there and take pictures. Giving back? Post volunteer pictures. Creating an event for business or networking? Remember to invite people, get the word out and showcase this. Are you having an open house? Share it on Facebook! Ideally, you want this to be on your website and then spread across Facebook so you can drive traffic back to your website.