Everyone is searching for the silver bullet in mortgage marketing, but there are some very simple things you can implement today to make yourself stand out better from the crowd.
- Update your headshot. We know you love a classic, but if your picture is more than three years old, it’s time for a new professional headshot. No time? Stand outside in nice clothes and have a friend snap one with a phone.
- Update your signature. (Intent rants on this topic.) We get it. But really, stop with the signature madness. Keep it simple, clean, and make sure the links work.
- Update your graphics. Has it been a while since you changed the mortgage marketing graphics on your social media channels? A fresh look might be needed. Ask your company for social media graphics or create them on your own in Canva. Not an artist? Have someone make one for you on fiverr.
- Ask people to “add you” to their phone. Update your own phone profile with your mortgage company name or even change your name to be John Smith- mortgage to make finding you in the future easier.
- Reintroduce yourself in a clever video for social media. When is the last time you told people in your sphere what you do? Do a fun “getting to know me” video.
- Create a branded homebuyer’s guide. How do you do business? Show people what they can expect when they use you to buy a home, and what to expect from the mortgage process.
- Revamp your website. Perception is reality. If your website is old and doesn’t work, it conveys the message that you are as well. Engage a marketing mortgage marketing company (Hi!) to create something personal that will result in sales.
- Sign into your tech. When is the last time you went through all your tech accounts and signed in? What can you eliminate? What could you be using better?
- Commit to making a video each week. Even if it’s just about what you are seeing in the market, being comfortable in front of the camera will make a big difference.
- Create a YouTube channel. Start building your personal brand with the videos that you make. Share these on your mortgage marketing website and across your social media channels.
- Audit your social media accounts. Are you on Instagram? Twitter? YouTube? TikTok? LinkedIn? Are these updated? Did you brand them to your business? Are you putting out content?
- Ask your best agent to do a zoom video with you. Interview your best agent. Tell success and failure stories.
- Build a referral list. Homebuyers need everything when they move into a home and since you are a trusted resource, send them a list of everyone you trust from interior design to landscaping companies. This also helps forge partnerships with your vendors and hopefully leads to referrals from them to you.
- Have lead buying conversations. Been forking over money for leads for more than six months with one of your agents? Do some analytics and plan a meeting to review whether it is working. Come to the table with ideas and solutions.
- Host online seminars. Teach people about credit. Talk to renters about their financial future.
- Find new vendors for THANK YOU gifts. Chances are local artists and purveyors have new products. Ask people to vote for ideas or connect you with vendors on social media.
- Update your testimonials. With so many companies offering compliant testimonials, it’s time to move into the digital age. Sign up with a company that will collect and post these for you.
- Connect to new agents. Each week, you should make it your goal to talk to three new agents. Connect on social and start TALKING.
Don’t have the digital prowess to tackle some or all of your mortgage marketing needs? Our team at Intent can create, design, and even run each of these steps for you. Ask us how!